Helping You Reach Your Dream of Having a Baby
As obstetric sub-specialists, we are devoted exclusively to protecting the health of mothers-to-be and their unborn babies. The High Risk Pregnancy Center has been setting the standard for maternal-fetal medicine in the Las Vegas area since 1996, leading the way in procedures and technology.
We understand high-risk pregnancy. Not just medically, but emotionally. While we focus on leading-edge medicine, we never lose sight of your feelings and dreams. We treat you and your family with the compassion and respect you deserve, ensuring you never feel alone as you wait for a diagnosis or face the frustrations of a high-risk pregnancy.
We offer a highly skilled and experienced team of doctors, ob/gyn nurses, sonographers, and genetics and diabetes counselors committed to being available whenever you need us. We take the extra time to understand your concerns, and we can explain your risks in terms you can understand. It’s our mission to educate you on how to take care of yourself, and to give you the support you need, every step of the way.
Setting the standard for care
Diagnose – We work to minimize medical problems that may affect you or your pregnancy by evaluating your risks before conception, during your first trimester and regularly thereafter. The High Risk Pregnancy Center provides state-of-the-art screenings that give us advanced monitoring capabilities few in the U.S. can match.
Counsel – Our subspecialists, genetic counselors and diabetes coordinator provide expert evaluation and counseling for family medical history, maternal health concerns and obstetrical health issues that may affect future pregnancies.
Treat – Once you are in our care, your maternal-fetal medical team is here for you 24 hours a day, from top-notch sonographers and sensitive genetic counselors to compassionate nurses and highly respected doctors. For all types of pregnancy complications, we offer a level of expertise and commitment that keeps us at the forefront of maternal-fetal medicine.
Collaborate – We act as your pregnancy team coordinator, developing your plan of care as a high risk pregnancy patient and collaborating with your obstetrician, pediatrician, primary care doctor and family to give you the best chance for successful delivery. Sometimes, when the level of care you need is beyond the expertise of your obstetric caregiver, we will assume your full care for the duration of your pregnancy. We participate in multi-state clinical trials and have personnel devoted full-time to research, so we can share our knowledge with the Las Vegas medical community and improve the standard of pregnancy care across the board.
Innovative maternal-fetal medicine for your best outcome
Here are just some of the ways that the High Risk Pregnancy Center has been breaking new ground in prenatal care:
- First Nevada practice to be certified in first-trimester genetic screening
- First Nevada practice to implement cell-free DNA testing, which helps you avoid risks of invasive procedures (we were part of the original research trials)
- One of the few regional centers adequately equipped and trained to evaluate first-trimester ultrasound for structural abnormalities
- One of the few practices in Nevada to perform chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
- First in Nevada with 3D ultrasound and mobile access to your images
- First current practice in Nevada to be accredited (and reaccredited) in obstetrical ultrasound by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- One of the few research and teaching sites in the United States for Philips Ultrasound, giving us ultrasound capabilities that are unsurpassed in Nevada
- The only practice in Nevada and one of the first 10 practices in the U.S. to be accredited in fetal echocardiography, as of May 2012
- The first health care center in Nevada to be solely focused on pregnancy and preconception care and accredited by the American Diabetes Association
- We were the initial center to implement universal cervical length screening to decrease your risk of preterm birth, before this became the standard of care
- One of a select group of qualified specialists who have managed the care of a patient whose baby needed an in utero transfusion due to fetal anemia, a procedure for which we have the highest success rate in Las Vegas
If you have more questions or you’d like to schedule an appointment, call 702-382-3200. You can also request an appointment using our easy online form.